Friday, July 29, 2011

Note to Self


Sometimes my brain is not the most reliable thing. At school, I rely on it often, but sometimes I need a reminder or extra support.

Trying to make sure I have everything ready for finals, I find myself unsure of specifics for certain assignments. So, here I am wishing I knew the details. I was so confident I would remember the essential information. However, I am unable to pinpoint the ideas I had at the time as well as the precise instructions.

Today, at USAO, I learned to take notes.

If I had written down my thoughts about the project, I wouldn’t be fumbling for inspiration later. If I had jotted down what the instructor was saying at the time, I wouldn’t be questioning if my work is right now.

I even keep a miniature notepad and pen in my purse so I am always prepared to capture information I don’t want to lose. Guess I had to relearn the importance of taking notes.

Since I spend a good amount of time in the car, I have considered using a tape recorder. Usually, I grab my notepad and scribble my thoughts even while commuting. It would be simpler and safer to use a recording device. It seems many of my ideas come while on the go.

Although during class time, I had plenty of ideas for my assigned projects. I just wish I had made the effort to grab something to keep a record of them. It would have spared me trying to brainstorm later for a topic. Also, I wouldn’t be tense concerning the particulars.

Note to self: don’t skimp on note taking.

No comments:

Post a Comment