Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Ask and you shall recieve!

Today at USAO, I learned how important it is to talk to your teachers. I had knee surgery and was unable to make it to class for a week. I may have had a good excuse, but I still missed all of those important lectures that I needed to be there to hear. Not only was I missing one class for a week, but three classes! I am a student that can learn by hearing what the teacher say, not from reading it all in the book. Reading the book actually makes me want to fall asleep. The biggest problem about missing those classes was that finals were two weeks away. Everything the teacher is going to teach in that week is most likely on the final exam!

The good thing about going to school at USAO is that every single teacher here is willing to help and tutor you on anything you don’t understand. All I had to do was e-mail my professors about my situation and they all said “get well and come see me whenever you get the chance so I can get you caught up.” I have friends that are going to the University of Oklahoma and their teachers aren’t nearly as helpful there as they are here. I have a teacher that is letting me take his test on a different day because I was not able to make his scheduled time for his final exam. I am so thankful for my teachers to be so understanding and so helpful through this summer. It was a stressful one indeed. All I had to do was ask for help, don’t be shy or afraid to ask for help. Here, at USAO the teachers are very willing to help and get you through and pass their classes.

No comments:

Post a Comment