Thursday, August 4, 2011

My Inspiring Experience

This summer at USAO I've learned so many things about myself, my writing, etc. This blog has been a real joy for me, and has helped me to appreciate two primary things that I did not appreciate near enough before the class.

The first thing I did not appreciate enough is film. Before I started this class, I knew that I loved movies. Ever since I was very young I have had this unexplainable love for watching movies and television shows, but the reasoning behind it seemed a mystery. Writing these movie reviews has really opened my eyes to the true reasons that I love film. It has increased my knowledge about film in general, causing me to appreciate all of the aspects involved the creation of a movie and the presentation of it. If I loved film before this class, I love it ten times more now.

The second thing I did not appreciate was the blog/newspaper style of writing. Although I knew many people were easily able, I doubted my own abilties write in that format because nearly all my life, I have been writing almost solely fiction stories and attempts at novels. I had never had any experience in this style before, and the couple of times I attempted to write articles, they always seemed forced and not authentic. But this class has helped me grow. I am beginning to understand the proper way to write articles, and I am discovering the shocking easiness of how my fingers flow across the keyboard, spouting my thoughts easily and clearly onto the screen. It amazes me how exciting it is to write in such a style, a style that both I and my readers can understand, with no forced words or attempts at fancy language. I am more myself.

I am truly grateful for the opportunity to have been in this class. It has helped me to grow in so many aspects, and I hope to continue writing my reviews even after it is all done, because honestly, the reviews are not only a potential benefit to the readers: they help me grow as a person. I thank my teacher for this opportunity; it has truly been an inspiring experience.

2 comments:

  1. Hey there :), I just wanted to say that though I enjoyed all of my classmates, I felt I had the most in common with you. I enjoyed our conversations and only wish we were in class more to share some more ideas and opinions about movies. By the way, I saw the last Harry Potter the other day and I really enjoyed it. You were quite right in your blog when describing it. Even at the end seeing them older was a treat. I still feel that both in the book and the movie that there should of been more of an epilogue feel to the other characters. Luna was wonderful and wish she would've been shown more. Neville was nicely played and as a character I think showed even more growth than Harry himself. I hope you have a great Summer and that you continue your love of movies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww I know . . . it was cool getting to talk about film and such. I felt bad for taking your idea though, haha. And thank you. I tried my best throughout the film to catch all of the little important details so that I could write a good review over it. And I definitely agree with you about Neville. It was amazing seeing him change so much in this film; it was like seeing a whole different person. Thanks for the conversations and the comments! :) Have a good break! Maybe I'll see you in the fall!

    ReplyDelete