Thursday, August 4, 2011

You are Responsible

Today at USAO I learned that you are responsible for your grades and how you do in a class. In the end you are responsible for how you do in class, not the professor.

For example, I am not a science person at all and I was going in to life science hoping, for a passing grade. Normally, I am always trying for an A or B but in this particular class I didn’t think that I could even pull a C.

By saying this, I mean that going into a class thinking you won’t be able to do it, is no way to think. I learned you are the one who determines your grades, no one else. Ultimately the professor does have the final say but you are responsible for the work you put in.

I only took one science class in high school and this did not help me when it came to college. I was horrified that I had to take two classes of science to graduate.

I worked very hard in both these classes and did my best and ultimately, I couldn’t ask for more from myself. I feel that everyone is responsible for their actions and their work ethic. If you don’t try or don’t come to class, then you must not really care much about your grades.

One of my biggest pet peeves is when people gripe about making bad grades but do not put any effort in. How are you supposed to make good grades you want if you don’t even try? That is just stupid.

I am proud to say that I made a C in life science. This was not easy, but I tried and I did better than my expectations. Science is out of my comfort zone but sometimes it is good to be challenged. I know some may not think a C is a good grade, but going in hoping for a D, I will definitely take the C.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on your "C" :). I am super fearful of upcoming rhetoric and just hope that I can pass. I think a lot of us have something to be scared of in certain subjects lol. I agree with you when lazy people complain and ultimately we make our own destiny, it's not made for us. Hope you have a wonderful Summer Ashten!

    ReplyDelete