Wednesday, August 3, 2011

We Had a Good Run...

Though it has been a long, hot summer at USAO, I learned a different way of writing. I have posted nine blogs and became more comfortable with each one. I began writing about sports, because that is my passion. But as time went on, my life experiences and challenges seemed to take over and I switched my theme to much more random topics. As I went on writing, I became way more comfortable stating my personal experiences as opposed to using sports as a shield. I feel as though on every blog I wrote about my personal experiences were way more in depth and more entertaining to read unlike the sports columns that were just informational and straight to the point. Using the topic “Today at USAO, I learned…” really helped me open up and become more comfortable about writing in this style and format. It was very fun for me to write about things I am passionate about, instead of being given a certain topic.

2 comments:

  1. I did much the same thing in my writing. Slowly coming out of my shell more as time went on. Even in my English class, I had a tendency of having a "robotic" and non-emotional writing style to my papers. Which is funny, cause I'm actually a sensitive and emotional guy. I think we both learned a lot in this class and I hope that I'm able to continue to apply these lessons in my future writings. Have a great Summer Hannah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did learn a lot in this class. And you have a fantastic Summer too Nate!

    ReplyDelete