Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Reward Yourself.

Today at USAO I learned the value of relaxation. I learned that knowing the end of the semester is near is relaxing but finals are not the relaxing part of school. School is stressful and it is not easy. That is why college is not for everyone. Relaxation has to be a part of everyone’s life even if you are not in school.

I know that being busy can be stressful and sometimes overwhelming, to the point that giving up seems to be the easiest solution. Life is pointless without purpose, but purpose is pointless without happiness. To be happy we have to do things that we love or like to do. I feel that rewarding yourself is one way to be happy in stressful times.

This may seem confusing but I think that it is important to reward yourself for doing a good job, or even finishing a task. Accomplishing, even small things deserve some sort of reward.

I love getting my nails done. This is one way that I use to have just “me” time. I get to relax and just be. Being a parent I may not get to relax like most college students, and this is just one example of how I make time for myself, or reward myself for finishing up another semester.
When finals are upon us, school is all we can think about. What do I have to study for next? Another way that I use my break is to not think about these things. I try to make the most out of my vacation.

In saying all this, I am trying to make the point that I learned that if we don’t all take a break sometime, we will get worn down and worn out. Make the most of your break and make time for yourself. Reward yourself for doing a good job. Children get rewarded for good behavior but we are no longer children. Being an adult, we accept responsibility and it is our responsibility to be proud of ourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment